Main Article Content
Rheumatoid arthritis in women differs by more clinical course of pathologic process, and injury of certain joints depends on patient’s gender (changes of sacroiliac joints, development of tendovaginitis, intraarticular Hoffa bodies are more often being detected in men, whereas in women — proximal interphalangeal joints of fingers and toes, supramaxillary and knee joints). There is sexual dimorphism of the integral extraarticular (systemic) manifestations of rheumatoid arthritis, is this case more frequent damage of lungs and peripheral nervous system is attributable to men, and Sjogren syndrome and changes in central nervous system are observed only in women’s group. Indicators of bone metabolism change in blood serum of patients with rheumatoid arthritis, besides patients with osteoporosis have the commonality and gender differences in concentrations of osteoassociated hormones and chemical elements.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Our edition uses the copyright terms of Creative Commons for open access journals.
Authors, who are published in this journal, agree with the following terms:
- The authors retain rights for authorship of their article and grant to the edition the right of first publication of the article on a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, which allows others to freely distribute the published article, with the obligatory reference to the authors of original works and original publication in this journal.
- Directing the article for the publication to the editorial board (publisher), the author agrees with transmitting of rights for the protection and using the article, including parts of the article, which are protected by the copyrights, such as the author’s photo, pictures, charts, tables, etc., including the reproduction in the media and the Internet; for distributing; for the translation of the manuscript in all languages; for export and import of the publications copies of the writers’ article to spread, bringing to the general information.
- The rights mentioned above authors transfer to the edition (publisher) for the unlimited period of validity and on the territory of all countries of the world.
- The authors guarantee that they have exclusive rights for using of the article, which they have sent to the edition (publisher). The edition (the publisher) is not responsible for the violation of given guarantees by the authors to the third parties.
- The authors have the right to conclude separate supplement agreements that relate to non-exclusive distribution of their article in the form in which it had been published in the journal (for example, to upload the work to the online storage of the journal or publish it as part of a monograph), provided that the reference to the first publication of the work in this journal is included.
- The policy of the journal permits and encourages the publication of the article in the Internet (in institutional repository or on a personal website) by the authors, because it contributes to productive scientific discussion and a positive effect on efficiency and dynamics of the citation of the article.
Barragan-Martinez C. Gender differences in Latin-American patients with rheumatoid arthritis / C. Barragan-Martinez, J. Amaya-Amaya, R. Pineda-Tamayo [et al.] // Gend. Med. — 2012. — Vol. 9, № 6. — P. 490-510.
Camacho E.M. Association between socioeconomic status, learned helplessness, and disease outcome in patients with inflammatory polyarthritis / E.M. Camacho, S.M. Verstappen, D.P. Symmons // Arthritis Care. Res. — 2012. — Vol. 64, № 8. — P. 1225-1232.
Da Cunha V.R. Metabolic syndrome prevalence is increased in rheumatoid arthritis patients and is associated with disease activity / V.R. Da Cunha, C.V. Brenol, J.C. Brenol [et al.] // Scand. J. Rheumatol. — 2012. — Vol. 41, № 3. — P. 186-191.
Eriksson J.K. Incidence of rheumatoid arthritis in Sweden — a nationwide population-based assessment of incidence, its determinants, and treatment penetration / J.K. Eriksson, M. Neovius, S. Ernestam [et al.] // Arthritis Care. Res. — 2012. — Vol. 19, № 12. — P. 167-169.
Hagel S. Trends in the first decade of 21st century healthcare utilisation in a rheumatoid arthritis cohort compared with the general population / S. Hagel, I.F. Petersson, A. Bremander [et al.] // Ann. Rheum. Dis. — 2012. — Vol. 18, № 12. — P. 246-249.
Kim S.C. The risk of venous thromboembolism in patients with rheumatoid arthritis / S.C. Kim, S. Schneeweiss, J. Liu, D.H. Solomon // Arthritis Care. Res. — 2013. — Vol. 50, № 5. — P. 145-148.
Kobelt G. Rheumatoid arthritis and sexuality: a patient survey in France / G. Kobelt, B. Texier-Richard, S. Mimoun [et al.] // BMC Musculoskelet. Disord. — 2012. — Vol. 13, № 10. — P. 170-174.
Makino T. Lumbar scoliosis in rheumatoid arthritis: epidemiological research with a DXA cohort / N. Makino, T. Kaito, H. Fujiwara, K. Yonenobu // Spine. — 2013. — Vol. 38, № 6. — P. 339-343.
Morgacheva O. Women are from venus, men are from Mars: do gender differences also apply to rheumatoid arthritis activity and treatment responses? / O. Morgacheva, D.E. Furst // J. Clin. Rheumatol. — 2012. — Vol. 18, № 5. — P. 259-260.
Otsa K. The prevalence of rheumatoid arthritis in Estonia: an estimate based on rheumatology patients' database / K. Otsa, M. Tammaru, S. Vorobjov [et al.] // Rheumatol. Int. — 2013. — Vol. 33, № 4. — P. 955-958.
Rodriguez-Henriquez P. Sternoclavicular joint involvement in rheumatoid arthritis: Clinical and ultrasound findings of a neglected joint / P. Rodriguez-Henriquez, C. Solano, A. Peia [et al.] // Arthritis Care Res. — 2013. — Vol. 17, № 1. — P. 221-224.
Hoenfeld Y. Sex gender and autoimmunity / Y. Shoenfeld, A. Tincani, M.E. Gershwin // J. Autoimmun. — 2012. — Vol. 38, № 2–3. — P. 71-73.
Stanmore E.K. Fall incidence and outcomes of falls in a prospective study of adults with rheumatoid arthritis / E.K. Stanmore, J. Oldham, D.A. Skelton [et al.] // Arthritis Care. Res. — 2013. — Vol. 65, № 5. — P. 737-744.
Zohal M.A. Small airways involvement in patients with rheumatoid arthritis / M.A. Zohal, Z. Yazdi, A.P. Ghaemi, M. Abbasi // Glob. J. Health Sci. — 2012. — Vol. 5, № 2. — P. 166-170.