Main Article Content
Currently FRAX is informative and independent tool in assessment of risk for osteoporotic fractures. In order to create normative data for Austrian FRAX model algorithm we have examined 3405 women aged 40–89 years. Analysis of FRAX results revealed that FRAX-all and FRAX-hip performance, respectively, 11.5 and 2.5 points when using the Austrian model in postmenopausal women are the criteria for initiation of therapy for osteoporosis. Indicators of FRAX-all and FRAX-hip respectively 7.0 and 1.5 points when using the Austrian model in postmenopausal women are additional criteria for additional examination of patients with two-photon X-ray densitometry.
We have developed criteria that can be used to make the decision to start antiosteoporotic therapy, especially if you can not carry out X-ray densitometry.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Our edition uses the copyright terms of Creative Commons for open access journals.
Authors, who are published in this journal, agree with the following terms:
- The authors retain rights for authorship of their article and grant to the edition the right of first publication of the article on a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, which allows others to freely distribute the published article, with the obligatory reference to the authors of original works and original publication in this journal.
- Directing the article for the publication to the editorial board (publisher), the author agrees with transmitting of rights for the protection and using the article, including parts of the article, which are protected by the copyrights, such as the author’s photo, pictures, charts, tables, etc., including the reproduction in the media and the Internet; for distributing; for the translation of the manuscript in all languages; for export and import of the publications copies of the writers’ article to spread, bringing to the general information.
- The rights mentioned above authors transfer to the edition (publisher) for the unlimited period of validity and on the territory of all countries of the world.
- The authors guarantee that they have exclusive rights for using of the article, which they have sent to the edition (publisher). The edition (the publisher) is not responsible for the violation of given guarantees by the authors to the third parties.
- The authors have the right to conclude separate supplement agreements that relate to non-exclusive distribution of their article in the form in which it had been published in the journal (for example, to upload the work to the online storage of the journal or publish it as part of a monograph), provided that the reference to the first publication of the work in this journal is included.
- The policy of the journal permits and encourages the publication of the article in the Internet (in institutional repository or on a personal website) by the authors, because it contributes to productive scientific discussion and a positive effect on efficiency and dynamics of the citation of the article.
Поворознюк В.В., Григорьева Н.В. Роль FRAX в прогнозировании риска переломов // Боль. Суставы. Позвоночник. — 2011. — № 2. — С. 19-28.
Поворознюк В.В., Григорьева Н.В. Информативность различных моделей FRAX в оценке риска остеопоротических переломов у женщин Украины // Боль. Суставы. Позвоночник. — 2013. — № 2. — С. 19-28.
Clinician’s guide to prevention and treatment of osteoporosis // National Osteoporosis Foundation. — 2013. — 54 p.
Interpretation and Use of FRAX® in Clinical Practice from the International Society for Clinical Densitometry and International Osteoporosis Foundation. — 2010. — 12 р.
Kanis J.A., Johnell O., Oden A. et al. FRAX and the assessment of fracture probability in men and women from the UK // Osteoporos. Int. — 2008. — № 19. — Р. 385-397.
Kanis J.A., on behalf of the World Health Organization Scientific Group: Assessment of Osteoporosis at the Primary Health-Care Level // Technical report. University of Sheffield, UK: WHO Collaborating Centre; 2008.
Kanis J.A., Johansson H., Oden A. et al. The effects of a FRAX revision for the USA // Osteoporos. Int. — 2010. — 21(1). — P. 35-40.
Kanis J.A., Odén A., McCloskey E.V. et al. and on behalf of the IOF Working Group on Epidemiology and Quality of Life A systematic review of hip fracture incidence and probability of fracture worldwide // Osteoporos. Int. — 2012. — 23(9). — P. 2239-2256.
Kanis J.A., McCloskey E.V., Johansson H. et al. and on behalf of the Scientific Advisory Board of the European Society for Clinical and Economic Aspects of Osteoporosis and Osteoarthritis (ESCEO) and the Committee of Scientific Advisors of the International Osteoporosis Foundation (IOF) European guidance for the diagnosis and management of osteoporosis in postmenopausal women // Osteoporos. Int. — 2013. — 24(1). — P. 23-57.
Van den Bergh J.P.W, van Geel T.A.C.M., Lems W.F., Geusens P.P. Assessment of Individual Fracture Risk: FRAX and Beyond // Curr. Osteoporos. Rep. — 2010. — 8(3). — P. 131-137.